Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

WOW

How to discribe the weather. Wow says a lot. Lots of wind and rain and more wind.
The wind picked up yesterday around 4 in the afternoon and the rain was hard and heavy too. I was at the school getting ready for the concert and dinner so I didn't notice it much. I knew it was coming and I was ready for it to come while at the concert I had put a new flashlight in my purse. The lights stayed on at school so that was nice of the weather. I was not the only one there with a flashlight either,lol. The concert was great and the kids all did a fine job. The best is always at the end though. Hehe, my daughter is in the 5th grade and the 5th and 6th grades are the last to perform first the band, Kim plays the flute starting this year and she sings too. She has sung since kindergarten. The music teacher is awesome and this is his second year there, the kids have done so well with him there.
Now back to the weather. When we got home we seen that the electric had gone out for a time, when and how long I have no idea but it was back on. The lights kept going off and on about 4 times before it went out for good at 11:45 p.m. I stayed up to watch the trees sway back and forth for about an hour before going to sleep. This moring I got up to turn on the battery powered radio to check on the school being closed for the day and it was. (No secret Christmas work today). My trees stayed up and the house came through just fine. The power came back on around 6 p.m. tonight.
This weekend we are going to get cold and wet and even colder, maybe snow. Here it is Dec. 15th and already it has been a long winter. Hopefully the power stays on and my Dad's and Sis' will come back on soon too.
I'll check back again if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines