Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Old Friend



This is my old friend Rupert.
He is nearing 11 years old and is starting to have trouble getting moving at times. I know his hip is really hurting him. The other night I heard him yelp and whimper in pain. I gave him a Tylenol and some loving, and I put out an old blanket on the porch for him to lay on. He has lots of places he likes to lay but I picked the porch for the blanket. The weather has been cold and wet here and I hope he gets better when it gets warmer.
My son and I met Rupert when he was living on the streets. He was about 4 months old and had no one to take him home so we did. We are not sure what all the breeds are that are in him besides Husky. Both his eyes are golden.
His favorite thing to do is chase the squirrels up the tree or across the fence. He hardly barks and when he does the whole neighborhood comes out to see. He kind of yodels when he "talks" to us.

I hope he stays with us a few more years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines