Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It Better Get Better Soon!

Yea I am hoping for a better year this year.
The last quarter of last year really sucked. I don't want to be a whiner or complainer but it really sucked.
Sept. the repairs for the semi was to much to handle so we shut it off and closed off our company. Tom was hoping to buy another truck and lease on with a company but the Dr. who did the physical said he could not be hired on with the company because he has a hernia. The Dr. was just being overly stupid. Tom was hired on with another company as a company driver in Oct.
Just before halloween Tom's nephew was in a bad, BAD motorcycle accident. We did not know if he would live or not for almost a week. Then we did not know if he would need to have his leg removed or not, they were able to save it. He had his jaw wired shut because it was broken so badly. There is some brain damage but I don't know how bad it is. He is still in the hospital and is having more surgeries before he will be released to a nursing home maybe next month. He is learning to walk again and trying to talk.
Oct. my sis suddenly lost her job when the company she worked for decided to close because of funding issues. She got another job and quit after 3 days because of difference of opinions about childcare and preschooling. They were not up to her standards and did not really care. She was finishing her classes when one of her teachers offered her the job she has now and she loves it.
Just after Thankgiving I got pneumonia and was down for 3 weeks. I went to the Dr. last Monday and he took X-rays to make sure it is all gone because I still have a cough. The week before Christmas my brother told us he has cancer. Type B-cell non Hodgkins lymphoma. Today he said there is a spot as big as a quarter and some smaller ones in his stomache on the left side. He is going to start chemo next week and is still testing to get staged.
I am still looking for a job. Before the kids came I could walk into a place and ask for an applacation and walk out with the job. So far 3 nos and 10 no answer.
I sat down yesterday at the sewing machine and made a jeans bag from a pair of Tom's cast offs. I save them for making quilts and patching his jeans for longer life. The bag turned out great and Tom acted as though he did not know I could do such a thing. I have a lot of jeans in the garage and plan on making some more, maybe I can sell them along with some of my bead work. I got and etsy account and just need to get some work done and start posting them. I will let you know when I do get it up and running.
Well I need to go now and go pick up my son from his basketball game, he has 3 more for the season, they are as of monday 4-2. Next week 2 home games and I will be there.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Yarn Tails said…

    Sorry About the last part of the year! Here is to a GREAT 2008. May it be better than last year!

    It was hard for me to find a job too. That was the main reason I got my certification back. Wishing you all the luck on a job!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hopefully with the new year will bring better times. Hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines