Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not at My School

There was a shooting at a Tacoma school this morning. Not at the school my kids go to. THANK GOD! The shock came when I found out what school it was. My son is in DeMolays, and Mason sponsored youth group for boys. (My daughters are in Job's Daughters, I was too). Many of the boys from D go to the school as do their girl friends so I do know 20-30 of the students there.
The names have not been released as of yet.
I had set down to check my messages when I got one from Faye about the shooting. I had not heard any thing so I turn on the news just as it started at noon. In about 20 minutes there will be a news conference on.
My kids go to a school that is small just under 700 students from pre-K to 12th. Just outside of Tacoma. I am sure this will be at the top of the list for discussion at the next PTSO and school board meetings.
Before anyone says anything about gun control DON'T! I don't think more laws are needed just tougher penalties, and lots more education. All of us has had some training and know how to handle a weapon safely. My hubby, son, and I have hunters licence. My kids were never allowed to play with toy guns because GUNS ARE NOT TOYS!
I blame the parents for not being parents and video games that show to much graphics and violence. My son just got his first game system because he bought it himself and all games have to be approved by me. He is 13 and going to be stuck with Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. till he moves out.
Please keep these students in your prayers today, thank you.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ms Knits said…

    I'll keep all of the families in my prayers.
    I hope that I didn't scare you. I had no idea that you hadn't heard about it yet. I heard Tacoma and thought about you and your kids. I'm just glad to know that they are safe and unharmed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines