Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years to all.
It was a quite evening here for the midnight thing. The neighbors were shooting off fireworks and the dog was barking at the pretty lights.
Yesterday we had my son's faimly b-day dinner and cake. After he went home with my sis and so did my youngest so it was just the 14-1/2 yearold and me.
Tom was stuck in NM because of the snow and today is still having some trouble getting through to IA. He has been there since friday and had to get out before the new storm tomorrow.
On sat. I took my son and some boys in his org. to the snow up on the pass. We could have taken just 2 cars but for some reason I said lets take 3. There was 8 kids in all and 4 adults. It was cold and the snow was very deep. I am not a snow bunny I think snow is pretty when it is no deeper than 8 inches. It was over 4 feet deep. A few of the kids did not realize that playing in snow was a lot of work. I don't know how they thought they were going to get back to the top of the tube and sled runs after they slid down, but they complained about it being to hard and no fun. WHIMPS.
After bringing 3 kids back to the lodge to warm up we got a call that 1 of the other boys was hurt. When they brought him back to the lodge area it was decided to take him to the hospital back in town. I was a good thing having 3 cars. We brought the rest down in the other 2. We met up at the hospital to get the kids back to their parents and get our gear sorted out and to find out how he was doing. Broken collar bone, he will be himself real soon.

The only thing I am planning on doing this year is to continue the slow weight loss. Slow and steady is better than fast, so keeping it up.
I also plan on doing more crafting be it beading, crocheting, knitting, sewing, or whatever comes along.
Anyother resolutions will be a waist of time.

I am going to go get a latte and then watch the RoseBowl.
Happy New Years!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Ms Knits said…

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ms Knits said…

    Okay........please let me know that your kids are alright.
    Do any of them go to the school that had the shooting this morning?

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Deneen said…

    If you email me, I can explain to you about the site feed. I use Bloglines to subscribe-it's a free service and you click the subscribe to me buttons on most blogs and they keep track of when they are updated. www.bloglines.com.

    To turn a site feed on for your blog, the dashboard, click settings and then click site feed. None must be checked off on yours, just click either short or full and that will enable people to subscribed to your feed. Then sign yourself up to bloglines. If you need help, email me at yarnsandmusings(at)gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines