Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Saturday, February 03, 2007


Oh this week.
First off Thomas stayed home from school for 3 days because he was coughing real hard. Then on his first day back he gets called into the office because of some of his drawings. The reason he got in trouble for it is because of the sword, it is a weapon.
The assistant principal said he could not draw these kinds of pictures at school. Thomas is a good artist and I am upset that they are seeing this as anything but creativity. I find nothing wrong with this drawing. What do you think?

Friday I kept Kim home from school because she was not feeling good. I took her to the Dr. She has a sore throat and coughing, with her coughing is a big deal. I knew with it being a Friday that if I didn't take her in I would on Monday and she would be worse. She has an ear infection and the very start of bronchitis. Anti-biotic and an inhaler were ordered. She is tired this weekend and just feels blah.


I got some more done on the entralac (basketweave) scarf, maybe finished next week sometimes.

I should say something about Nicole. She surprised me by getting an A in math on her report card. She has to make up some time for missed days before getting a full report card. So far 3 A's and 3 no credits, she says they will be A's to. Surprise!

Sorry to have bored you with todays post.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    You didn't bore me-it's a good "get it off my chest" thing. Bummer about the two sick ones, good for the A in math.

    I'm not seeing anything wrong with the drawing at all and sometimes I think little things are taken too seriously and what should be taken seriously, everyone is afraid to bring up.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    wth.... I cannot believe that you can't even draw a sword any more in school...
    The sound you are hearing is me ranting and raving and blowing up about things being taken way to far and losing way to many of our personal freedoms...

    Hope everyone feels better soon.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Kare said…

    Hey! I commented on this one. Strange.

    I think your son is a great artist and she should be encouraged not discouraged. It's a sword!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines