Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I made socks!



  

Yes I did it I made socks.
My first pair and I made it up as I went.
My daughter Nicole thinks she gets them now but I am making all the kids a pair for Christmas.
Last night my sis and I got to go to the Beach Boys concert. We got called a half hour before the concert began and told we could have the tickets for free. Free being our favorite price we went. Twelfth row, stage right, center. FREE.
We sang almost every song. We felt old, but we had a good time.
Today I got a wild hair and mowed the lawn. It has not been mowed in a while because it has been hot and I had not been watering it. I thought I might as well get it done now that the rains have come and I don't like looking at a shabby lawn.
I should have made one of the kids do it because I hurt myself doing it. But I like seeing straight lines in the lawn and they don't do it right, even my hubby sometimes can't get it right.But now it is done and won't have to be done but once or twice more before winter.
BAck to the socks. I found a pattern for worsted weight yarn, and I found some yarn in my stash to make more. I am using a pair of circular needles because I keep dropping off the dpns, and it goes much faster for me.
Well it is late here and I need to get up early and clean house a bit.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Kare said…

    You are good!
    Never made socks before and you made up the pattern?
    wowzers.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Awesome job on the Socks!! You rock!! I seen the Beach Boys about 16 years ago right before I met my hubby.. They were with 3 Dog Nite and those were free tickets that we won off a radio show!! Love them Beach Boys!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines