Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I survived the field trip

I survived the field trip to eastern washington with the 6th graders.
We left on thursday and went to Rosland. It was an old coal mining town settled in the late 1800's. We stopped to look around the cemetery it is segragated by nationality. It was interesting but I hate being in cemeteries.
Next we went to the Ginko Petrified Forest. I enjoyed it there, seeing different kinds of petrified wood and learning how the terain of Washington State. There was also a few accient rock drawings that was saved and moved there before the valley was flooded by the dam.
I was fooling with my camera and lost the picures from that first day.
The second day we went to Republic to do some fossil digging. This was the part I was really looking foward to. We were spliting open shale looking for leaves, bugs or fish. None of us found anything that was not found before. We had a lot of fun there.
Next we went to Winthrop, we windowed shopped mostly because the stores close early there and the kids had ice cream.
Saturday we stopped in Leavenworth, a Bavarian village,on the way home. There is a lot of little tourist shops there. The kids got ice cream again and some specialty chocolates.
Everyone had fun and I really enjoyed the 5 kids.
Sunday I helped my sis for a while clean the house she just moved from. I could not stay long because the girls had a meeting that evening. So Monday I put in about 6 hours cleaning the carpets and kitchen floors. I also scrubed the stove back to like new condition, washed windows and made sure the little things got done. That night I was in pain because I over did it, back shoulder and both arms ached so bad I had a hard time sleeping.
Today my son graduated from the 6th grade, he was next to the last one. It was a short ceremony today I am glad for that. There are 42 in his class. Split up in 3 classrooms.
Tomorrow my oldest daughter graduates from the 8th grade, I hope it will be short too. There are 63 in her class.
Wow I just worked it out for the graduations of my kids-
Nicole will grad 2010
Thomas wil grad. 8th in 2008, 12th in 2012
Kim will grad. 6th in 2008, 8th in 2010, 12th in 2014
2 graduations in 2006, 2008 and 2010.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like you had a good time. Now you got me to thinking about when my kids will graduate. One in 2009 and the other 2011.....Geez I'm getting old. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines