Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Oh boy, what a week.
First I had to go to school on Monday and have my daughter removed from one of her classes. Choir class to be exact. She loves music and she loves singing, but the teacher is a jerk. On Friday Nicole was getting a headache and she was going to take her meds for migraines and he stopped her saying it was illegal for her to give herself meds at school. She has a permission slip from the Dr on file in the health room and in her back pack with her meds. She has had migraines since she was an infant and she does not like taking the preventive meds but the Excedrin Migraines work for her if she takes them at the start of a headache. He told her she could not take the meds and would not even look at the permission slip. Then he started to belittle and ridicule her in front of the other students in class. She was very upset about it and he kept it up for the rest of the class. When she got home from school she told me about it. So on Monday I went to the principal and demanded for her to be removed and that he apologizes to her in front of the class and then to my husband and me for putting her through all this. What I really want is for him to be fired for his lack of professionalism and his lack of control in the classroom. I have questioned his ability to teach music before, I never thought he could the way his past choirs always sounded. Nicole always asked me if he was teaching her the right way when she was not sure. Then she would tell him that I disagreed with what he had said. Kind of like the part in The Waterboy when he said to the teacher "but my mama always says" and she got the same kind of response. Next week is an open house day at school to celebrate our native heritage and my hubby is taking time off to be there, he wants to meet with the teacher and Principal. If things don't get straighten out I will be going to the school board. It's a good thing that Nicole is sweet and loved by her other teachers.
I have not been doing any crafting in this past week because my right thumb and wrist is hurting bad. I went to the Dr today because of resting over ten days it was not getting better. I have tendinitis and muscle strain. I will need to rest it and wear a brace till mid June. Like I can do that. Have you ever tried not to use your thumb on you predominate hand. I have things to do. I will do little at a time and rest often.
Good night for now.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oh my hun *hugs* What a horrible thing for your daughter to have to go through.
    I hope the stupid teacher does get fired and apologizes!
    And I hope you feel better as well!

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Deneen said…

    The teacher was wrong and should be called out for it. I think at my daughters school you need the slip, but the meds have to be kept in the nurses office also. Much different from when I went to school and you went to the nurses office for Tylenol for a headache.

    I hope your wrist starts to feel better. I found a compression wrist band (from Wal-Mart) worked so much better then the splint did from the med supply place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines