Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Who needs a title

There was not much to blog about last week. You might have guessed that by the post about Humptulips and the Geoduck. These are a few things about my State, Washington.

Last week I made bibs for my sister. She works in a daycare and needed them for the toddlers. They are made using dish towels and t-shirt ribbing. I used the mainstay towels from Walmart 7 for $5.00. I cut a hole in one end near the hem about 7 inches in diameter. I then cut 2 inches strips of the ribbing about 14 inches long (about 3 per strip), sew them in to rings fold in half and them sew them to the inside of the circle in the towels. I made her 27 of them took a few hours of two days to do them. I also washed them and cut the frays off and check the seams for spliting. I don't know how much I will get paid for these but I will get the cost plus 6 hours for the work.

I did do some knitting and crocheting but not much.
I started reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" last friday and I am half way through. I used to read two books a week before kids and now it is less than two a year.

I should get the yard mowed but I think I will wait till later. Rain tomorrow but the rest of the week looks good.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Netter said…

    I love that book. I have not been reading much lately. I need to get back to it.

    I think I know what the bibs look like. You've been a busy camper.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kare said…

    sewing, reading, crocheting... sounds pretty good.

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wonder why yours never shows up in my bloglines.

    I finished "A Good Yarn" It was great! Thank you again for sending it my way. Now M is going to read it and then I will pass it on...

    Have a great rest of the week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines