Multicrafter

I touch fabric, pet yarn and fondle beads, sometimes inappropriately.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Raspberrys

O.K. I did what I had to do today I got the van smogged and then tagged.
Thats done till next year.
Then I drove out to McKenna a little town just south of here about 13 miles, I could have gone into Tacoma for the farmers market for peaches same amout of miles but a pain in the butt parking. You can park for an hour about two blocks away. I was not , I say NOT going to carry two boxes of peaches two or more block about 40 lbs. NO WAY.
So I drove out of town to a fruit stand on the side of the road.
The owner had just got there from Yakima, where the peaches come from, and was unloading the pick-up. I told him to just keep carring two boxes to my van, they are not quite ready to can yet but come sunday they will be good and ready. So to do something today I got a flat of raspberries, I made jam. I be jammin man. I'm not a real fan of raspberry myself but Tom and the kids like it. I have one jar of plum left so I should go looking for more plums. I think I have blackberry juice in the freezer so I don't need to find a blackberry bush except to freeze for cobblers. We like blackberry coblers.
I am still thinking of going up to the hills to pick some huckleberrys. That would be good for jam and cobblers. mmmmmmm.
I'm about half way through the third doll I am making.
I still have a lot to do to get things organized around here. I guess by putting this in writing will make it harder not to get it done. I am sort of committed to it right.:/

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger CraftyCritter said…

    LOL You done it now! Once you type it , it must be done! Bravo for you getting your car thingy done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Subscribe with Bloglines